Mark suggested we take a look at the Old Post Office. We went up the Washington Monument last time we were here, so he thought it would give is another perspective of the city. This old building served as a post office, but also has a bell tower. First you ride a glass elevator up 9 floors. (yes, I stood by the door) Then you change into another elevator to go up 3 more floors to the top of the tower.

From this vantage point was cam see how magnificent the Washington Monument is.

These pictures are a little out of order, but I can't figure out how to fix that. This is the best picture I have ever gotten of Mark. I gave him a hard time at dinner and he gave me his token smart a-- face! Honestly, we enjoyed a great dinner at Matchbox!

So we also went to the Natural History Museum this first day. Shai and I were unable to go to this one when we were here a few Christmases ago, so we were looking forward to the adventure.

Well, I was looking forward to it!

There was a giant bug museum inside the Natural History Museum. Yes Mrs. Cross, these are giant chrysalises. (sp)

The Hope Diamond!

The ocean area of the same museum.

No comments:
Post a Comment